18 July, 2008

First Day of High School

I went to four different schools in five years.  Not because I moved, but because the area we were living in at the time (Cary, NC 1995-1999) was growing so quickly they had to build lots of schools all over.  I happened to go to two middle schools and two high schools.  The first high school I went to was Apex High School.  Since they were in the process of building the new high school (Green Hope HS), there were too many students at Apex HS.  All of the ninth graders (ninth grade is part of high school in North Carolina) went to a satellite school building that would become a middle school once the new high school was finished.  Confusing, isn't it?!

So this satellite where I attended school was a renovated factory, which made it strange--a support pole right in the middle of the gym--and difficult to find your way around, especially when it's your first day of high school and you are REALLY nervous. 

When I am nervous I seem to always need to use the bathroom.  I held it most of the day because I didn't want to be late for any classes or have to be excused from class to go.  But finally, in my English class (I'm pretty sure it was one of my last classes of the day), I raised my hand and asked to go.  My teacher said yes, I quickly exited the classroom, and RAN in to the girls restroom.  Or at least what I thought was the girls restroom.  I ended up in the boys restroom.  The first thing I saw in there were the urinals, and I thought, this can't be the right place.  So I turned and left as fast as I could so that no one would see my mistake! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were one strong girl if you could hold it all day. How did any of us ever survive high school?