A copy of a letter received by Raymond McGrath from his Grandfather Ray Hanchett dated Oct 24, 1948. Written while Raymond was attending BYU Provo.
Duncan, Ariz.
Oct 24, 1948
Mr. Raymond McGrath
Provo, Utah
Dear Raymond; I appreciate very much hearing from you. I am sure this is the first letter I have received from any of my Grandchildren which makes it more valuable to me.
Well Raymond it has been a long time since I were your age and maby you wont appreciate my letter very much yet I often think and wonder if I will ever grow up. I think I injoy most every thing the Boys do. They are all my best friends.
I went to the Foot Ball game the other evening between Morenci and Duncan. It was surely a good game the Score was 13 to 25 in favor of Duncan. I think this was the first time Morenci has been beaten. It really took it out of Morenci. Ha: Ha: One little girl about 17 as I passed her said I WANT TO FIGHT. I sure laughed at her. The old Kids really did good playing.
Well Raymond how do you like Provo, I have always liked it very much I think it is a pretty place especially in the Summer time. Have you found any one you think more of than you do yourself, If not you haven't fallen in Love Ha: Ha:
Raymond, I havent gone to ROcky Point yet on that Fishing Trip I have planned. About the time I think I am going to make all ends meet some sun of a gun moves one of the ends.
I am going up on top Mt. in morning Wish you were here to go up with me. they are killing quite a number of elk this season on top Mt.
I talked with Mother and Dad the other day they are getting along fine. I amagain they miss your help especially Dad.
Well Raymond when you get a little time Write to me again I will always be happy to hear from you.
From Old Grandad
Ray M. Hanchett

0 comments:
Post a Comment