Our parents always taught us to be honest. One day I was playing at one of our neighbors, the Easts, in Pima. One of the girls had given me some little toy that she didn't wan any longer and I had taken it home with me and was playing with it.
Dad noticed it and asked where I had gotten it. I told him, but I guess he thought I had just picked it up and brought it home with me because he took the toy, and me by the hand, and we went to the Easts immediately.
He said he was having me return something that I had brouht home with me. They told him they had given it to me but he, I guess, was afraid that were just covering up for me and would not let me have it.
Written and remembered by Vessa Leola Hanchett McGrath
07 September, 2008
Always Be Honest
Posted by Rachel at 17:00
Labels: 1910s, Ray Monroe Hanchett, Vessa Leola Hanchett McGrath
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment