07 September, 2008

Our Primary Chorister

At least part of my Primary years, my sister-in-law, Myrna McGrath, was the Primary chorister. I loved her beautiful singing voice AND I loved the "power" and "authority" it somehow gave me to be related to the chorister. ???? I may have even been a problem to her, I don't know, but it sure made me feel important.

I also remember standing in front of the Primary when it was your birthday and dropping pennies into the bank shaped like the new Primary Children's Hospital our donations were helping to build in Salt Lake City.

1 comments:

Karen said...

She was my Primary music leader as well as ward director in sacrament meeting. I gained a great love of music from her and dad. I learned the words of the hymns. She expected us to sing? I am so glad for this because now I sing without a book. i am not able to hold a hymn book nor read the notes/words. I'm able to look at the leader smile and sing most all the verses. thanks to my mom! Karen