18 December, 2008

The Cat He Would Not Kill

"THE CAT HE WOULD NOT KILL"
A partly grown, wildacting, scratchy, cat came to our place and was deternrined to get into the house.  It tried to get through the screen door, but I hurriedly shut the wood door.  So it tried to get through the window and I shut the window.

It climbed the wall of our lumber house and forced itself through a knot-hole into the ceiling. I had repeatedly asked my husband to kill it for I was really afraid of it. He said "No, that is one cat I just will not kill," (He was a first World War Veteran and just did not like to kill anything).

But there it was, walking around in the ceiling trying to get in, and I knew there was a hole in the ceiling right by the head of my bed. We had retired for the night and he lay there trying to sleep and chastizing me for bothering him. I knew what would happen, so I arose and got into another bed.

And then it happened--the cat fell squarely onto his face. He grabbed it by the hind legs and hit it on every object he passed on the way outside. AND THE CAT WAS QUITE DEAD!

0 comments: