18 December, 2008

The Fairy Costume

We were at the Stinson home during Halloween time because our daughter Clara was ill and needed help. Clarissa was one of the majorettes in the Montegras parade the town was having and needed a red velvet slack suit with a bolero and white, lace trimmed blouse. Her girl friend needed a short blue dress with circular shirt, braid trimmed; all of which I made. I also made Ronald 2 shirts.

Clarissa and Ronald were invited to a Halloween party--she needed a fairy uniform with a blue satin blouse and white, full skirt, flowers on the skirt, and head piece. Ronald needed a tramp outfit with a green wig. I finally got them all done, along with the cooking and other household duties.

Little Sharon, aged 5 sat almost unnoticed with her little hand under her chin until she said, "Oh dear, I guess I won't go to school tomorrow, we are supposed to come dressed in uniform and I don't have any, Mamma is too sick to make me one and Grandma is too old and tired, so I guess I will just stay home" (She was in kindergarten).

Never did an old grandma work faster than I to make a fairy uniform like her sister's, and a proud, happy little girl went to school the next morning wearing a fairy uniform, head piece, and a very happy smile.

0 comments: