18 December, 2008

A Tub Full of Shoes

Clara said, "Mother I need some new shoes."
"Certainly not". I said, "You have so many shoes."  For I had seen them, so many of them, in her large closet. all neatly polished like new,

"But Mother, you come and see." So I went with her into her closet and picked them up one by one. I found, to my amazement, most of them had holes in the soles or in other ways not fit to wear. I was shocked.

I said, "Clara you go and get a big tub," and after she had brought it I put them one by one into it, after inspecting them. Only about two pairs were left as we took the tub of shoes out for the garbage man to take off.
We watched the garbage collector look at them as he was about to load them into the truck. He just stood there gazing at ' them and we could hear him saying, "A tub of shoes, a whole tub of shoes!'

Needless to say Clara and I went shopping for shoes.

0 comments: