09 July, 2008

Velda Hancock Prays with Faith

One night Father and the older girls went to Mutual.  Father had been sustained as the MIA president.  Mother suddenly became very ill.  She was in terrible pain.  She woke me up and told me I must go to get help.  Grandma lived a quarter of a mile from our house.  Also, I was to get the Elders to come and administer to her.  It had been raining and was the darkest night I had ever seen.  I was afraid to go.  Also, I was afraid to leave Mother alone while I was gone.  I asked Mother, "Don't you think Heavenly Father would answer my prayer as well as that of the Elders?"  She said, "Yes, I suppose so."  So I knelt down and fervently prayed for help and to spare the life of my Mother while I was gone.  I arose and put my coat on and started out.  Mother called to me saying I would not need to go now.  The pain had suddenly all left her.

0 comments: