When I was seven, we moved back to our home in Eden. There was an irrigation ditch by our hosue. My brother Eldon was three. We children were playin in the yard. The ditch was very full of water and flowing swiftly by. I heard a splash. I ran to the ditch and saw my brother riding the waves face down. I screamed for help, then ran to the bridge to try to catch him. The water was touching the bridge and I was unable to pull him out there because he was so heavy. The water pulled him down under the bridge. I jumped into the stream and grabbed him. The current was so swift it took me down. By then Mother had come. She held me up and pulled me out as I pulled my little brother out. His life was saved.
09 July, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment