09 July, 2008
Velda Joanna Palmer Hancock and the Skinny Dippers
I [Velda Hancock] always had a pony and it was usually my lot along with my cousins, Uncle Man's children, to take the animals to the river. When at the river, we usually waded in the water. But this time, the other girls wanted to strip off and go swimming. I didn't want to but they did. They put their clothes by a bush and were in their birthday suits swimming while I was wading. Millie's sister Carrie, who was always pulling pranks, came along on her horse and gathered up their clothes and started for home. When we saw her, we all got out of the river and yelled for her to stop, but she went on with the clothes. The two girls went screaming after her in the hot sand in their birthday suits. I got on my horse and ran after her. When she saw that I was about to catch her she started strewing the clothes all along the road on the way home. I had to gather them all up and take them to those two poor naked girls. They didn't try that again.
Posted by Rachel at 15:14
Labels: 1911, Velda Hancock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Gpa and Gma, do you know when this story took place? I'm guessing it was around the time she was 10?
Post a Comment