22 August, 2008

Great Event #1 by Laura Humphreys

I guess I have to let the reader know that I am praying that I can do this entry justice. It is so near and dear to my heart that it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

It started very early on the morning of November 23, 1971. I was awakened by a nagging pain which quickly grew to an urgent need to get to the hospital. The ride over to Navapache Hospital in Show Low, Arizona was the quickest I have ever had.

At 9:22 a.m. our beautiful, sweet and perfect little daughter left the presence of our Heavenly Father and came into this world. Holding her in my arms was the most special experience of my life. I could not get enough of her and frankly I still feel the same way. She weighed 7 pounds 7 1/2 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. Just right.

I knew from a long time before that her name would be Amy. Amy had soft blond hair and pretty blue eyes, soft little baby hands and fingers and toes. She was a little bundle of sweetness to hold always looking into my face as if to say "hello mom."

She was such a good little baby and little girl, always wanting to help. Amy loved to play with anyone who would play. Some of her best playmates were Uncle Roger McGrath and cousin Shauna Rapier.


Zoom forward several years and I have to say how much being around Amy or talking with Amy means to me. She is one of the best friends I have ever had. She has grown into a wonderful woman. Beautiful, kind and considerate of everyone. She has excelled in everything she has done.

Amy is now a Chief in the United States Coast Guard and married to a fantastic man named Randy Midgett. Amy has always been a great support to me her mother and I thank my Father in Heaven for sending her to me.

0 comments: