Bruce turned 40 on September 23rd, 1992. At that time, he was bishop of our ward. There was only on exit from our ward area that took everyone right past our house and driveway on to the main street.
To wish Bruce a happy 40th birthday, I wrapped up some boxes and posted a sign on our yard that said, "Bruce Nay Turns 40 Today!" Did I mention they were BIG boxes? I found a washing machine box, a microwave box and an orange crate to wrap up. I wrapped the washing machine box in blue butcher paper that I painted big colorful dots on. The other two boxes were wrapped with wrapping paper.
This was a Wednesday. On the following Friday, I threw him a surprise birthday party. I invited a few people over for cake, soda and games. Our friend, Ed Bodily helped me get Bruce out of the house by pretending to have car trouble and needing help. When they got back to the house, everyone was there and he was so surprised! The never saw it coming!
He thought he was done after the driveway boxes and the surprise party but the next day I gave him his birthday presents. They were a mini-microwave and mini-fridge for his office in Alpine.
0 comments:
Post a Comment