15 October, 2008

Putting the Chandeliers Together in the NC Temple

In December 1999, a temple open house was held for the new Raleigh, NC temple.  Bruce was bishop of our ward in Apex in which the temple lay.  As wife of the bishop, I was invited to help assemble the chandeliers in the Celestial Room, ad the two sealing rooms.


There was a group of us--sisters from different wards.  I think i twas mostly bishop's wives, Relief Society Presidents, and other leaders or leaders' wives.

The frames were already assembled, but we were able to hang all the crystals.  We had to put on white gloves so that we didn't leave fingerprints.  The whole chandelier could be lower to a height that was comfortable for us to work at.

it took us quite a while to hang all the crystals on the big chandelier and three or four wall sconces in the Celestial room and then some smaller lights in the sealing rooms. 

It was a special time to be able to be in such a beautiful place, helping put together our temple!  I looked forward to being there many times.

0 comments: