From the time I was about 3 until maybe 5 years old, I loved Superman. So much so that I even had my Mom make me a Superman cake for my 4th birthday. AND I had Superman pajamas... with a detachable cape.
Don't ask me where I got this un-girlish obsession. I didn't have a brother back then, he came later.
It could have been from my neighbor, Steven. He and I played quite a lot back then. I'm not sure who started the Superman thing. But I do remember arguing about which superman toy we would play with. I had two. One was more of an action figure with a clip on cape and knee joints! The other was a clip on handle for a cup. He always stood on the edge of a plastic, yellow circle with his legs about shoulder width apart and his arms straight out in front of him, his hands in fists.
Can you guess which one I always played with? Of course! The much cooler, movable one!
Then once I had more girl friends, and discovered Barbie, Ken (as seen in the picture), and all of Barbie's other friends and relatives, I kind of left Superman behind. I mean really, how can Superman compete with someone who can change clothes and hairstyles? Superman can't always be dressed in his super-suit all the time, can he?
22 October, 2008
My Superman
Posted by Rachel at 11:54
Labels: 1987, Rachel Nay Cheney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
that is why you found that "SUPERMAN" to marry...
"I strive for perfection in everything I do. Attention to detail and my willingness to go the extra mile are my most valuable assets. My main skills are bathroom renovations. If it's just a face-lift you desire, I can do it all. If you want a total demo and remodel of your bathroom, then I have licensed electricians and plumbers I can contract with to make it completely safe and satisfactory. I have experience in many other areas as well."
Post a Comment