From Vessa’s life story: My mother had developed a very efficient way of punishing me when I needed it. She would place me in our big rocking chair with pillows propped around me. I would be in the same room where she was working all around me and she would work and sing as though she was the happiest person in the world. She just completely ignored me as though I wasn’t there. I had to stay there until I was fully repentant and that was a far worse punishment to me than a spanking.
From Sherri: Vessa tried this method in her own parenting. It may have worked with my older brothers and sisters, but with me, at least, she did not find success. I didn’t have any problem sitting, doing nothing at all, while she worked around me and whistled. Mother also had a hard time sitting around doing nothing. She wanted to have her hands busy with piece work or a project of some kind. Again, I didn’t not inherit this good quality, unfortunately for me.
21 November, 2008
Punishment "Leola" Style
Posted by Sherri at 20:39
Labels: 1910s, Leola McFate Hanchett, Sherri McGrath Christensen, Vessa Leola Hanchett McGrath
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment