When I was in first grade, we had a storytelling assignment. If I remember correctly, we had to pick a true story and tell it using stick puppets
I chose to tell the story of my great-aunt Afton and the rooster. This was how it went...
When she was a child, it was my great-aunt Afton's responsibility to go to the outhouse and empty the "slop jar" in the mornings. And every morning she went out, a mean old rooster would chase her around the yard, trying to bite her!
After a while, my great-aunt Afton had had enough. The next time she went out to empty the bucket, she was ready. As soon as that rooster started to chase her, she dumped the bucket right on his head! That mean old rooster left her alone after that!
01 January, 2009
That Darn Rooster!
Posted by Rachel at 20:31
Labels: 1940, 1990, Afton McGrath Miner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment