09 July, 2008

A Necktie and A First Grader

In about 1980 when I was Principal of the Highland Primary School in Snowflake, an amusing incident happened that I will always remember. I left my office to walk down the aisle that led out to where the classrooms were located. As I went out the door, I saw a first grade boy. Apparently, he was on his way to the restroom. As I got nearer to him I saw that he was crying. Also, his nose was running BADLY, all the way down to his chin. I bent over to comfort him and said, "Tom, what is the matter? Are you hurt?" Without saying a word he reached up, got a hold of my tie and blew his nose on MY TIE! At that point I left him to his problem, went back to my office and with a pair of scissors, cut off my tie. I never did learn what his problem was.

Raymond McGrath

0 comments: