09 August, 2008

I Was Not Surprised by Laura Humphreys

Last October 2007 Bob and I went on a little trip. Our final destination was Caldwell, Idaho to visit our sister and brother Bruce and Karen Nay. Bruce and Karen had recently moved to Caldwell from North Carolina and we were anxious to see them.

I am not sure how happy they were to see us as we had also taken our two lively and spoiled little dogs Buster and Missy. Lets just say that Buster and Missy are not the most well behaved dogs around, but to us they are the sweetest! Well, Karen and Bruce did not put up a fuss, just welcomed us anyway.

The first night we got to Caldwell it was very late so we got a motel just around the corner from them.
I will never forget the next morning when we finally went to their home. As we walked in the front door I literally felt a wonderful Spirit take my breath away.

It was one of those moments we read about in the Ensign or some other wonderful book. I felt like I had been lifted off the ground and placed in a very holy and peaceful place. As I think about it now tears come to my eyes because I know without a doubt there are special Angels on both sides of the veil bearing my dear little sister up in her time of trial.

One of those special Angels is her dear Bruce. I saw how loving and gently Bruce cared for Karen. Bob and I are so grateful for the wonderful few days we spent at Nays visiting and watching General Conference and getting to know their family a little better.

I am so grateful now also that sweet Rachel is there to take care of her Mother, my Sister. I can only imagine how special that is for both of them.

0 comments: