After decades serving as either a missionary, a bishop or a member of a stake presidency, I remember when Dad first wore something other than a white, long-sleeved shirt. He had worn that traditional garb for my whole life, but about the time Afton returned to Tempe to work in the library she decided to make him more fashionable. She began purchasing him some pastel dress shirts. He resisted strongly at the beginning and I'm sure he just wore them because she insisted. However, after a few months and many compliments, he began to enjoy them. I recall once when Afton and I took Dad and Mom shopping at a mall in Phoenix he was like a kid in a candy store with all the variety of shirts to choose from.
07 September, 2008
White Shirts
Posted by Sherri at 18:27
Labels: 1960s, Afton McGrath Miner, date unknown, James Vernon McGrath
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment